If you have loose or ill-fitting dentures, your ability to eat and speak may become affected. Due to advances in dentistry, there is now a procedure whereby your denture can be fixed to your jaw with dental implants. This treatment, known as implant overdentures or denture stabilisation, offers patients with dentures a more permanent solution and can improve quality of life significantly. You will be able to enjoy your favourite foods again and feel comfortable smiling, safe in the knowledge that your dentures are staying put.
Case Study: A patient who had previously had all lower arch teeth removed and the arch restored with a full removable denture, which was uncomfortable and non-functional.
Following a clinical assessment the patient was rehabilitated with a an acrylic overdenture of 14 teeth fixed to 2 dental implants. The patient had good bone quality throughout the lower arch and bone augmentation was not required. The treatment was completed in six appointments over a 16 week period, paying a complete fee of £4400.00 This fee included clinical assessment £110.00 being refunded on completion of the treatment, all implant components for two implants, surgery and the acrylic overdenture.
- You will require surgery to have the implants placed into your jaw.
- Once the implants have integrated with the bone and surrounding tissues for a period of time, your dentures are placed on top of the implants through a range of special fixtures.
- This means your dentures can still be removed for cleaning, but will stay put once in place.
- Enjoy a natural-looking smile and improved confidence in public.
- Experience less irritation of your gums caused by dentures and you don't need to take your teeth out at night.
- You can eat, chew and bite without your dentures falling out or having to stick to a soft food diet for the rest of your life.
Here are some of the before and afters of our real patients who have had dental implant treatment.